>> Wednesday, August 3, 2011
For some reason, “K” has been a particularly difficult post week for me. My name starts with K, but we already wrote about ourselves in “I” week. Seems kind of obnoxious to talk about myself some more.
I thought about an ode to Kleenex. I even wrote a list of ten uses for Kleenex, but it was a little on the kooky side. (Hey, another K…) Not really enough stuff in the list to carry a whole post. Ah, what the heck. I’ll put it in here, kooky though it may be…
10 Uses for Kleenex – In No Particular Order
1. Blowing one’s nose (Duh.)
2. Wiping a little one’s nose (Another duh.)
3. Discreet public nose-picking (Could happen.)
4. Indiscreet public nose-picking (More likely to happen.)
5. Stopping razor cuts from bleeding all over your face (No personal experience here.)
6. Bra stuffing (No personal experience here, either.)
7. Waving while yelling “Yoo Hoo” (Help! Popeye!)
8. T.P. stand-in (Do your septic tank a favor—don’t flush these!)
9. Wrapping up used chewing gum (Doesn’t every Mom have at least one of these wet lumpy goodies in her purse?)
10. Making spitwads (Schools are running out of money for binder paper. Kids have to get creative these days.)
What I really wanted to write about was my favorite kitschy stuff. I would love to post pictures of some of it, but due to copyright issues and other legal party games, I can’t. You’ll just have to Google the Partridge Family bus and Wonder Woman for yourself. I can, however, show you some fun stuff I found recently on cafepress.com. I was on their site ordering my spiffy new FaithWriters sweatshirt when I found these gems:
Thankfully, my imaginary friends are still talking to me.
I need one of these before I attempt NaNoWriMo again.
I love poetry. Rhinoceros.