Powered by Blogger.

No Justice In TV Land

>> Tuesday, July 26, 2011



 


This post is brought to you by the letter J. J as in justice…or lack thereof.

Well folks, we law-abiding citizens of TV Land just got served. And I ain’t talkin’ TV dinners.

Once again, the powers that be in Network Conglomerate World have decided, unbeknownst to us, to cancel our favorite programming. Once again, we are left with oodles of reality shows and CSI knock-offs. Once again, sci-fi and good storytelling get stamped with a great big “CANCELLED” in obnoxious red ink.  

First it was Alias. At least they gave that one an attempt at a send-off. It was a bit on the lame side, especially for such a great show, but kudos to them for at least giving it an ending.

Next it was Heroes. They left us with a cliffhanger, and we’re still hanging.

Now it’s V and No Ordinary Family. What gives? No ending? No final hurrah? Whaddya mean I don’t get to find out what happens next? Whaddya mean if I want to watch sci-fi I should try cable TV? (Yeah, SyFy plays some good stuff, but you know times are hard in the sci-fi universe when even they play fake-o big time wrestling to fill air time.)

Call the Nielsen Ratings people! Why didn’t I get to be on your panel this time, huh?
Call Jack Bauer! Somebody’s tookus needs kicking!
Call Congress! They can’t mess it up any worse than it already is, right?!

There’s just no justice in TV Land.

6 comments:

Rita Garcia July 27, 2011 at 2:40 PM  

I SO agree with you! I liked No Ordinary family! And I dislike reality TV!

Shelley Ledfors July 29, 2011 at 12:20 PM  

I find I don't watch a lot of TV any more (despite the fact that we still have our "dish" and pay a silly amount for it each month). But what little I do watch I can relate to your frustration when good stuff gets axed in favor of the silly / inane.

Barbara Lynn Culler July 29, 2011 at 6:59 PM  

It's especially bad when my favorite characters don't return the following season. No more Dr. Ray Langston? Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Di Smith July 29, 2011 at 9:00 PM  

I'm with you 110%. That's why I'm a sucker for borrowing DVDs of my fav series from the library and watching them over and over (yes, I am a dweeb ;) )

Patty Wysong July 30, 2011 at 7:11 AM  

LoL--this makes me doubly glad we don't watch tv! We DO watch movies, but with no reception and not spending the money for dish or whatever, we can ONLY watch movies. And it's nice this way. LoL, especially when they cancel favorites!

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Mari:

Free2Be-design

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP