Powered by Blogger.

Michigan or Bust!

>> Wednesday, August 17, 2011


 


Sunday I returned from the FaithWriters conference in Livonia, Michigan, and boy, did I have my socks blessed off! Well, that is, after I bought some socks.
Let me back up for a moment. My dear friend (and conference roomie) Sarah and I had a saying prior to the conference... “Michigan or Bust!” We weren't sure how we were going to pull it off, but we were going to make it to Michigan and go to that conference together. By the grace of God, we both were able to make it...but it almost was a bust for me. 

I arrived at the first (itty-bitty) airport with plenty of time to spare, only to find that my flight had been delayed and I would be routed through a different airport. OK, I could deal with that. Once I finally got out of podunk and into the city, I found out that my previously scheduled connector had been canceled. After a couple hours of airline-induced mayhem, I ended up getting transferred to another airline...but evidently, my baggage did not.

Sarah & Kristi
Which brings us back to Michigan. Praise God, I made it there, albeit at 12:40 am the next day. Thankfully, the airline gave me a travel kit, so I had a toothbrush to use and a t-shirt to sleep in until Sarah and I could go shopping the next day. God even planted the hotel across the street from a mall. Thank You, God!

The conference itself was a great blessing. A variety of workshop subjects were covered, including conflict in fiction, writing fiction for children, how to work with editors and agents, and building an author's platform.
Jewels of Encouragement at FW Conference

FaithWriters is a great group of people, all with a love of Jesus and the written word. Thank you to all of those who toiled to make the conference such a ministry to those of us who attended. 









4 comments:

Shelley Ledfors August 18, 2011 at 5:34 PM  

It was so lovely to meet you at the conference! I didn't realize your luggage didn't get there with you. I hope it caught up with you eventually! :-) The conference was such a lovely, special time. I wrote about it too. I hope we're both able to make it to the next one and maybe we'll be able to visit more than this year. Thanks for sharing a great post!

Patty Wysong August 19, 2011 at 7:41 AM  

I am soooooo glad you guys made it, Kristi!! Did you ever get your suitcase back? What a trip!!

Sparrow August 19, 2011 at 6:53 PM  

Too bad we didn't get our connecting flight together, but so glad you made it! Was an awesome time.

Kristi Peifer August 22, 2011 at 9:37 PM  

I'd love to go again and visit with all of you more! Yes, thankfully, the luggage finally made it to the hotel--but it was the day before I left for home. Just have to laugh at the whole thing!

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Mari:

Free2Be-design

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP