Powered by Blogger.

Hormones

>> Tuesday, July 12, 2011



Hormones. I ‘m told they’re necessary, but I can’t shake the feeling that they’re the bodily equivalent of falling down a manhole into a sewer trench. You’re walking along, minding your own business, when WHAM!—off you go into a pile of muck.

Ladies, you know what I’m talking about. A greeting card commercial comes on the TV and you burst into tears. Hormones. Someone eats the last chocolate fudge bar and you go ballistic. Hormones. One of the fellas leaves the seat up and you discover it in the middle of the night in an I’ve-gotta-pee-but-I’m-still-half-asleep stupor. OK, that one’s not really hormones. That’s a heads-are-gonna-roll-in-the-morning-if-I-don’t-kill-you-in-your-sleep-first tirade waiting to happen. I pity the fool that brings that one on himself. But I digress.

Yesterday was a particularly hormonal day for me. Thankfully, the Lord nudged me out of my funk enough to get my fanny down to Bible study. It was the introductory session for the Beth Moore study, Esther: It’s Tough Being a Woman. Boy, was that the prescription I needed. God always knows exactly what to give you for what ails you. Nothing like a few good laughs with some sisters in Christ to dry up the tears.

Oh, and guess what Beth talked about in that initial video? HORMONES!

11 comments:

Patty Wysong July 13, 2011 at 5:34 AM  

Oh yeah. Hormones. I HATE 'em. My kids are used to them by now. *eye roll* I will be sooooo glad when I outgrow this phase. LOL

You're doing Esther? Oh Kristi. You'll love it!! I did it last year and not only did I learn a lot, but I laughed and cried my way through the audio CDs. (We didn't do the videos. Bummer.) Buckle up and enjoy!! =] =]

Pencildancers July 13, 2011 at 6:09 AM  

Oh yeah, hormones...I think that's what Eve's punishment was...it was cloaked in the childbirth verse somewhere. I'm sure it was.
Diana--who once almost rammed her shopping cart into a woman at wal mart because she was moving to slow. Thank God He didn't let me. :)
Diana
www.pencildancer.com

Joanne Sher July 13, 2011 at 7:58 AM  

Uuuugh for hormones. Hate what they do to me! Great post.

Barbara Lynn Culler July 13, 2011 at 6:43 PM  

I was already laughing when I read the title. You did not fail!

What's really fun is going through the change at the same time as having a female adolescent in the house. :/

Niki Turner July 13, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

LOL. I blame EVERYTHING on hormones! I've had severe PMS for years, looking forward to the day I wave goodbye to these surges of hormones! I've even considered making a T-shirt that says, "I hate to ovulate."
The good thing? My three boys are EXTREMELY understanding of girls with PMS issues.

Shelley Ledfors July 15, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

Oh, my. This was great! Yes, hormones (and their effects) are something all of us ladies can relate to! My PMS symptoms weren't too bad most of the time. Pregnancy had me emotional, but peri-menopausal hormones? Now those are FUN! Just ask my family when I snap if they look at me wrong (or if they don't look at me, LOL).

Kristi Peifer July 18, 2011 at 9:12 PM  

Thanks for all of the empathy and all of the laughs, ladies!

Diana, I love the Wal-Mart story! I have a few of those of my own that may just show up in blog posts eventually...

Niki, can I order a t-shirt, too? ;)

Laury July 19, 2011 at 10:21 AM  

Hormones - ugh. I'm on the downward slide and it's NO fun, let me tell you! :( Tears constantly and I'm a bear to live with most of the time, or so I'm told:) Just a heads up. lol

candyNflowers July 20, 2011 at 3:51 PM  

Sometimes I want to strangle eve for the punishment she brought down upon us as surely hormones comes with the curse she received. In modern society i feel like modern woman get a bum deal as many end up with a double curse, eve's and adam's. I definately think hormonal issues must be part of the curse as just pain in childbirth doesnt seem like thats it, esp for those who dont have pain in that or dont have children. They may escape having kids but not too many woman can escape having hormones and what comes with it.-lisa

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Mari:

Free2Be-design

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP