Powered by Blogger.

Whine and Chocolate

>> Tuesday, June 7, 2011


It’s official. I decided yesterday. I HATE WALLPAPER.

Oh, sure, it looks nice when it’s first put up and everything, but taking it off is a complete and total bear! I still ache from yesterday’s bout with the dining room walls.

Gee, guess what “C” is for today?
 
COMPLAINING!

We’re all prone to complaining at some time or another. Lately my biggest complaint has been clutter. (Hey, another “C”!) It’s everywhere! No matter how much I clean, sort, and toss, my clutter still seems to replicate faster than bunny rabbits in the spring.

Paper seems to be the biggest culprit. I have stacks of to do lists, junk mail, bills, memorabilia, computer printouts, homework to sign, and magazines to read. Toys come in a close second. It’s not uncommon for me to find one of Monkey Boy’s toys on the kitchen floor, in a pile of dirty laundry, or hanging out behind the toilet. (Eww.) Dirty socks would be the next item in line. I’m a mom of boys. I expect dirty socks. If there weren’t dirty socks on the floor, I’d have to question whether or not my kids were feeling well. (As in, “You picked up your socks! Who ARE you, and what have you done with my SON?”)

But, I digress. Clutter happens. I can complain until the cows come home, but I’ll always have clutter. Therefore, I’m saving my complaints for the truly nasty stuff, like stripping wallpaper. What a mess! Monkey Boy put a hole in the wall, and when I went to strip the paper off, the sheetrock started chipping away even more. I definitely have my work cut out for me.

Anyone want to come help a desperate American down on her luck? I’m not beyond bribery here. I’ll even make it worth your while with another “C” word…CHOCOLATE!

A little back-breaking labor for a pan of brownies…whaddya say?

8 comments:

Laury June 7, 2011 at 5:17 PM  

I would be totally useless to you with the wallpaper but I do pick up socks pretty well:) Good luck on your project! I just made a pan of brownies. I'm all by myself. Hopefully I don't eat them all. Yikes. Not such a good idea, probably.

Rita Garcia June 7, 2011 at 7:50 PM  

No takers here! Been there done that! Sweet post--love the chocolate! :) I also loved the take away message!

Niki Turner June 9, 2011 at 7:55 AM  

I'm a big fan of paint, myself! You can even paint over wallpaper... just a thought.
Chocolate is a definite cure for whatever ails us, isn't it? Even works, I've discovered, for complaining. I just have to stuff my mouth full enough that I can no longer form words. : )

Kristi Peifer June 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM  

Laury, I'm with you! A whole pan of brownies and no one to share them with...thrilling or dangerous...or both?

Kristi Peifer June 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM  

Thanks, Rita! Great thought, Niki. I wonder if I have any chocolate stashed??

Patty Wysong June 12, 2011 at 11:46 AM  

oh boy. I have a paper repair project to do, too. I don't mind hanging paper, once I get started. LoL. AND if my wonderful husband is around to bail me out when I get myself in a bind...which I do about every-other-corner I come to. LoL

Kristi Peifer June 14, 2011 at 9:06 PM  

I'm thinking I'll be done by, oh, January, maybe?

Di Smith June 18, 2011 at 10:01 PM  

Why complain about clutter when you have wallpaper to strip (and chocolate to eat afterward... or during?) What IS it with boys and dirty socks???? Seriously. I need to know. Do they remove themselves spontaneously from stinky boy feet only to become invisible when they hit the carpet? Ugh.

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Mari:

Free2Be-design

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP