Powered by Blogger.

In Bad Form

>> Friday, October 29, 2010

Aha! I found the keyboard under the mess!

I don’t know about you, but I have been buried in mail and paperwork for days now. Amazingly, it’s not all political propaganda, either! 



Somewhere in between the stack of bills I need to pay and the stack of magazines I need to read is a pile of forms that I need to complete ASAP. These are the big, hairy, time-consuming type of forms. The kind that ask you about your second-cousin-once-removed’s shoe size and what your third grade teacher thought about President Carter and the severity of your grandmother’s gout. (Not that my Grandma has gout…)

It’s all strangely reminiscent of having to fill out the FAFSA form to get financial aid for college. Hoo boy, now that was a booger of carbon-backed long form goodness. There’s nothing like having attendance at your chosen campus hinging on a nit-picky form.

To my high school’s credit, they did have a workshop to teach us how to fill out the form before sending it in. (Wouldn’t it be great if someone introduced that concept to the IRS?) I guess I wasn’t paying close enough attention, though. I still managed to leave one of the boxes blank. That one empty box was enough for the powers that be to deny me a grant my freshman year. And the real kicker? It was a box to fill in my GPA, which was stellar! Duh, I are smart!

EPIC FAIL!

In a strange twist of coincidence, The Man (before we had ever met, mind you) made a similar mistake on the same form. He was denied a grant as well. We both fell for the dummy clause. He was the Tweedledee to my Tweedledum. We were meant for each other.

We now have an accountant fill out our income tax forms. Just in case.

4 comments:

Sparrow October 29, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

I have some of those nasty piles of paperwork to fill out, too. Now I have a deadline for it since I set up a meeting that I'll need the paperwork at. One way to make sure I stop procrastinating!

And I forgot to refill out FAFSA (or is it FASFA, I can never remember) this year--didn't realize you have to do it every year. I think it's a more simple form than it used to be, though.

Joanne Sher October 30, 2010 at 6:11 AM  

Praying you get it all done. LOVE reading your blogs.

Teresa October 31, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

I feel your pain.
Everytime I get the mountain cleared off my dining room table, it reappears - overnight!
As for the accountant thing - oh yes, I willingly pay his fee every year. I was once threatened with an audit by a short, balding, brown cardigan wearing, big old rusty Lincoln driving, comical excuse for a gov't tax auditor.That was enough to send me into tears, with my 6 month old crying baby in my arms.
Ever since that day, the accountant does my tax forms.

Kristi Peifer November 5, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

Sparrow, I hope you were able to get all of your paperwork done, too!

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Mari:

Free2Be-design

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP