Powered by Blogger.

Clobbering the Obstacles

>> Monday, March 5, 2012


I have a confession to make. I’ve been struggling with major depression. One of the defining symptoms of this depression is not having the desire to do anything that I previously found fun or fulfilling. Things like my writing.

I could use your prayers and encouragement…and a good, swift kick in the pants. Thankfully, I found one via Patty Wysong’s Take Flight Challenge. The Take Flight Challenge is meant to give those of us with blog fog ideas to jump start our blog posts.


On January 30, 2012, Patty posted a quote by J. Gitomer that she saw on Facebook. It said, “Obstacles can’t stop you. Problems can’t stop you. Most of all, other people can’t stop you. Only you can stop you.” She went on to challenge those of us reading to grab hold of something that is holding us back and clobber it into submission!

So here I am. Confessing. There are things I enjoy that have been on the back burner because of my depression. Writing is a big one. So right here, right now, I choose to write. I choose to clobber the living daylights out of my depression-induced apathy. I choose to do what I love until I remember how much I love it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Mari:

Free2Be-design

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP